The European Code of Conduct for Research Integrity
Researchers, public and private research organisations, universities and funding organisations must observe and promote the principles of integrity in scientific and scholarly research.
These principles include:
• honesty in communication;
• reliability in performing research;
• impartiality and independence;
• openness and accessibility;
• duty of care;
• fairness in providing references and giving credit; and
• responsibility for the scientists and researchers of the future.